Commercial Real Estate
A significant part of Jane’s practice is dedicated to the handling of a variety of commercial real estate matters primarily in the St. Louis metropolitan area and outlying counties. Jane prepares and negotiates office leases, industrial leases, and shopping center leases (on behalf of landlords and tenants), as well as purchase and sale contracts for improved and unimproved property. Jane also represents parties in disputes involving real estate.
Residential Real Estate
Jane has been an active contributor to the development and improvement of the real estate contract used by most realtors in the St. Louis metropolitan area. She represents individuals in the preparation and negotiation of contracts to purchase and sell homes, as well as build and remodel them. Jane represents homeowners’ associations in the preparation and enforcement of subdivision and condominium indentures. She also handles disputes involving residential real estate including, the representation of homeowners in disputes they have with their homeowners’ association construction disputes.
Arbitration and Mediation of Real Estate and Construction Disputes
Jane has been involved as an advocate in a number of construction arbitrations. She also serves as a mediator and arbitrator in real estate disputes, including, but not limited to, real estate financing and construction.
Recent Presentations and Activities in Practice Area
- Co-Presenter, “Commercial Leasing: Tips from Both Sides of the Table,” 24th Annual Missouri Bar Solo & Small Firm Conference (2019)
- Vice Chair, Real Estate Practice and Procedure Committee of The Missouri Bar, (2014-2017)
- Co-Presenter, “Residential Real Estate Closings and Drafting Beneficiary Deeds,” The Missouri Bar (2014)
- Presenter, “The Ins and Outs of Commercial Leasing,” Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (2010)
- Moderator, “How To Series: Handling Real Estate Contracts,” The Missouri Bar (2007)